Friday, August 28, 2009

First Week!

Well we have had our first full week of studio and I have 12 study models and 1 mid-project model... we are working on a bicycle ramp for the UCI Road World Championships that is going to be taking place in Mendrisio, which is about ten minutes away by bike. My project consists of multiple ramps that are bending in different directions and all over the place. I am taking an Architectural Acoustics class and that is very cool... except that the acoustics in our classroom is terrible so our first project might be to fix that room haha. I have had a few Italian classes... it started out really hard but it has gotten better so hopefully that will continue :) The food here is prepared by 2 Italian cooks and it is sooo good! I am getting plenty of rest, because my studio desk is literally RIGHT OUTSIDE my room door. So whenever I want to take a nap I can just go in there. One bad thing is that every morning the church across the street rings it's bells 40+ times around 7am... it is pretty much my alarm clock! Tomorrow we are going to Bellinzona on a studio trip and then come back for a concert in Riva... so I will be posting some pictures later from that trip :) Hope all is going well on your side of the world!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment